Home » C.A.R.E. » C3
C3 - CARE about the dignity and worth of others
That means I:
- Value and protect the welfare of others.
- Take into account the level of understanding of others.
- Take into account the feelings of others.
- Discover and listen to the views and reasons of others.
Understanding Point of View
Elizabeth Lesser makes an excellent suggestion to get to know someone from a group you have negatively stereo typed by taking them to lunch and having an open minded conversation.
- Don't persuade, defend or interrupt
- Be curious, be real
Questions to ask:
- Share some of your life experiences with me.
- What issues deeply concern you?
- What have you always wanted to ask someone from the opposite point of view?
Labels often fit NONE of the people you actually know.